Canada | Post Graduation: Gerontology, Palliative Care, and Mental Health Program for Nurses



Nurses have three Post Grad Programs to Choose from:

The Gerontology program is ideal for nurses who are interested in enhancing their foundational knowledge and building leadership skills in caring for the health of older adults in diverse settings. Graduates of this program will combine their new, advanced learning with their previous professional credentials and experience to provide exemplary service to this growing population.

The Palliative Care – Multidisciplinary Graduate Certificate program is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of all health care providers who are working with or caring for individuals living with chronic or terminal illnesses.

Designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of mental health care providers working with mentally ill clients, this post-graduate certificate will introduce you to the current issues and trends in mental health care. You will explore existing service agencies, care providers, treatments, and treatment facilities and examine how they provide care for youth and adults with a wide variety of mental disorders.

Expand Close

Career and settling


With the available programs, you may be eligible for a ONE YEAR OPEN WORK PERMIT after graduation. If applicable, your spouse can join you in an open work visa where they can go to Canada and look for any job. No need for them to study. Also, you can work 20 hours per week and unlimited hours on school break.

Possible career paths GERONTOLOGY includes:

  • Business/industry
  • Clinics/medical centers focused on Geriatric population
  • Community agencies
  • Senior Centers
  • Hospitals – Acute and Rehab
  • Long term care facilities


Possible career paths in PALLIATIVE CARE includes:

  • Business/industry
  • Clinics/medical centers
  • Community agencies
  • Hospitals
  • Long term care facilities
  • Hospices
  • Respite Care


Possible career paths in COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH include:

  • Helping unemployed people
  • Providing income assistance
  • Aiding seniors and their families
  • Assisting persons with developmental and/or physical disabilities
  • Assisting women who have been abused
  • Assisting in addictions treatment
  • Working in corrections
  • Assisting in mental health and wellness enhancement
  • Assisting in immigration and refugee settlement

See details below for work rights while studying and after graduation.

Part-time work while studying


Study permit holders in Canada may gain work experience by working off campus while completing their studies.

As of June 1, 2014, you may qualify to work off campus without a work permit. If you qualify, your study permit will allow you to:

  • work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and
  • work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.

To qualify, you must:

  • have a valid study permit,
  • be a full-time student,
  • be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level, and
  • be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.

Note: You must stop working on the day you no longer meet the above eligibility requirements (e.g., if you are no longer a full-time student during an academic session.)

Full-time work after graduation


Impact of length of the studies in Canada and the length of the work permit

A Post-Graduation Work Permit cannot be valid longer than the length of your studies in Canada.

If the official length of your program of study is:

  • less than eight months
    • you are not eligible for this program
  • less than two years but more than eight months
    • you may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months
  • two years or more
    • a work permit may be issued for three years


Education Must be a Registered Nurse with at least 1,125 RN experience in the last 5 years
IELTS Academic 6.5 overall (No individual band under 5.5)


Program Process


  1. Contract signing
    • We will give you the requirements needed for the application.
  2. School Enrollment
    • We will represent you to your school and coordinate with them.
    • Payment of school’s application fee of 100 CAD.
    • If there are additional documents needed, we will guide you on how we can obtain it.
  3. Visa application
    • Once we are accepted, we will proceed with the visa application.
    • We will give you a checklist of all the requirements needed and a step by step instructions on how to fill out the immigration forms.
    • We will also double check everything and send it to the immigration from our office.
  4. Visa Approval 
Total Fees Associated for School


Tuition Fee

First Semester 7,500 CAD
Second Semester 7,500 CAD

*Note: The fees for this program may change from time to time.

Other useful information


Program Location:

  • Niagara Falls, Ontario
How to APPLY


You may send your CV to or leave your message on the chat pop-up below.